How to care for your Fur Felt Hat
- Always handle your hat by the brim.
(Do not pinch the crown to pick it up as this will result in misshapen crowns and may split the felt.)
- Never rest your hat on its brim. Always turn it upside down and set it on the crown, so that the brim doesn’t flatten out.
- Clean your hat regularly using a soft bristle brush or a hat sponge.
- Brush counter clockwise with the nap, starting at the bow. If you get caught in the rain, turn the sweatband out and let the
hat stand on the crown until dry.
- Never apply direct heat to your hat as this will cause it to shrink and/or lose it’s shape.
- Always store your hat in a hat box to help keep it clean and looking new.
How to care for your Straw Hat
- Do not get your straw hat wet! This will cause the straw to swell and lose it’s shape.
- Always handle your hat by it’s brim. Do not pinch the crown, this will result in cracked straw and misshapen crowns.
- Never rest your hat on it’s brim. Always turn it upside down and set it on the crown, so that the brim doesn’t flatten out.
- Dust your new straw hat with a soft bristled brush to keep it clean.
- Keep your hat stored in a cool dry place in a hat box to help it retain it’s shape and stay clean. (Especially out of season)